The best jobs on the planet
PHP Developer On-Site St. Paul Lowertown
Who are you?
If your answer is a passionate PHP developer, read on!
Imagine you – writing perfect code around a team of other awesome developers that share the same passion for software development. This team will push and challenge you to be better than you were the day before, and you’re encouraged to push and challenge them in return.
Who are we?
At Blue Earth Interactive (BEI), we are collaborators that welcome new ideas and solutions to a vast arena of technical advances in this awesome industry of interactive development. Collectively, we come from a variety of backgrounds and practices, but we have all seemed to have found a great fit here in the heart of Lowertown, St. Paul – a neighborhood in and of itself, is in the midst of exciting growth! From our developers to Suki, our team mascot, we come together to make anything interactive, a better experience for those that use it.
Since BEI started in 2003. Our client roster is growing, and with that, comes the need to grow our team. We have a very casual, engaging culture that strives to exceed client expectations. It is a collaborative environment where people aren’t afraid to ask questions nor too busy to answer them.
What we need… (OR) Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for an amazing PHP developer to join our stellar team to help develop a variety of projects – projects that you are going to be proud of and keep on your stats card. You’ll be a great fit if you have an interest in system architecture, but a passion for getting things done – and getting them done right. You’re smart enough to work at top companies, but you’re picky about finding the right role (this is more than just a job, right?). You’re experienced, but you also like to learn new things. And you want to work with smart people and have fun building something great.
If you are truly passionate about pushing yourself, and improving your already exceptional skills, then keep reading!
What you have…
While this is an individual developer role, you’ll be involved in many team aspects – helping evolve our existing architecture, collaborating with your teammates on different projects, and implementing new features and functionality. In this role, you will make use of your skills by fulfilling your ability to:
- Build robust and scalable software in PHP
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with team members to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
Why we think you will be a great fit…
You also meet most (if not more) of the following:
- 2+ years of recent hands-on coding and software design
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or equivalent experience in a related field (or perhaps an intriguing reason for not having one)
- Solid PHP knowledge, and strong understanding of OOP – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- A track record of projects completed on time – you are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges
- You’re so much fun to work with, that your team looks forward to coming to work so that they get to work with and learn from you
Nice to have, but not necessary – a willingness to fine-tune:
- Experience with MySQL
- Familiarity with Zend and/or Laravel Framework
- Experience with WordPress and/or Drupal
- Understanding of JQuery
- Experience with Magento
Seeing as though you’ve made it through the job description this far, these are a given, but we’re going to list them anyway:
- Pay strong attention to the nitty gritty details
- Attain solid communication skills
- Manage your time effectively
- Coordinate work on multiple projects
- Have the ability to work alone, as well as with a team
- Are a reliable team member
- Are a highly-motivated team player
- Are willing to grow and learn.
- Are a self-starter, with the ability to spot problems in the code base and fix/escalate before they become bugs.
As a BEI team member, you will be…
- Working collaboratively to determine and develop approaches to solutions on a variety of projects
- Assisting your teammates with complex problems
- Maintaining existing codebase, to include troubleshooting bugs and adding new features
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of business goals and related system interactions
- Enjoying your job and appreciating working for an organization that values work/life balance
Why work for Blue Earth?
- Laid back and fun atmosphere
- Dev class for continued education
- Fresh and challenging projects
- We offer a highly collaborative environment
- We offer a Matching 401k Plan
- Fully paid Employee Health Insurance